Whether you’re looking to upgrade your Kelowna home, or downsize and tour the Okanagan Valley wineries more often, you’ll likely need to sell your current house at some point within the mix too. A proven way to add value to your home is to kick your cub appeal up a notch!
Having your property look more attractive to potential buyers as they pull up for an open house or private showing is the perfect way to make a great first impression. You want them to be excited at first sight and begin to picture themselves living there, so they’re more likely to present an offer to you.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to enhancing your curb appeal. Depending on whether you’re looking for a quick fix, you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get a little dirty, or you’d rather call in the professionals, there’s plenty you can do to increase the appearance – and value – of your home.
Not sure where to start? I’ve got you! Here’s a list of 15 fabulous ways to get your house ready to put on the market.
Quick & Easy Tips
These suggestions can be completed in a single weekend and don’t take much time or effort. They’ll definitely make your property look nicer overall, but won’t yield a huge return on your sweat equity.
- Keep your lawn cut fresh
- Maintain your garden and add some mulch
- Upgrade the hardware on your front door
- Switch out your porch light
- Add some colourful planters
- Put out a welcome mat
Tasks that Take More Time
While these recommendations need more determination on your part, this could be what sets your house apart from the competition on the market.
- Pressure wash everything (windows, driveway, house siding, fence, porch, patio, deck, etc.)
- Add a pop of colour to the front door
- Paint the trim around the windows
- Add shutters or window coverings
- Add an inviting seating area to your front porch
Make an Investment Up Front
Tackling these jobs requires spending some money up front, but they’re much more likely to give you a return on your investment, as they also add lasting value to the house itself.
- Upgrade the front door
- Purchase a new garage door
- Repair and/or seal the driveway
- Update the siding on the house
Are you ready to buy, sell, or invest in real estate? Get in touch today and let me treat you to The Champagne Promise!